On April 23, 2003, Western Academy, Inc. officially began its operation as a not-for-profit corporation doing business as Western Academy Charter School. Western Academy was awarded a five year charter and opened its doors on September 2, 2003. Thus began an amazing journey into educating and building the minds, bodies and character of every child who steps through our doors.
In 2008, Western Academy Charter School was awarded a 15 year renewal contract through 2023.
We currently serve 500 students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Located in Royal Palm Beach, we serve students who reside in Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Western Lake Worth and Lantana. Western Academy was designed as an innovative alternative to traditional public school education.
Advantages of our school include:
- "A" Rated School since 2006
- FDOE High Performing Charter School since 2011
- 5-Star School since 2010
- A Not-for-Profit charter school
- A Middle School STEAM Academy
- Project CHILD (K-5) National Demonstration Site since 2011
- Member of Prime Time Quality Improvement System (Aftercare Program)
- Palm Beach County Green School of Quality
- 21st century learning program
- Personalized attention
- Safe, secure learning environment
- Florida Standards and Next Generation Sunshine State Standards curriculum
- Dedicated Certified Teachers
- Fine Arts Programs including Art, Music, PE and Computer Science
- Cutting-Edge Technology Classes
- Before and After School Care
- Extracurricular Sports and Clubs
- Hands-on multi-sensory approach to learning
- Small Campus with a Hometown Feel
Western Academy Charter School has been designated by the Florida Department of Education as a High Performing Charter School and has met each of the following state criteria:
- Received at least two school grades of "A" and no school grade below "B" for the last three years (WACS has been an "A" school since 2006).
- Received an unqualified opinion on each annual audit in the most recent three years for which such audits are available (WACS financial records are 100% in compliance).
- Did not receive a financial audit that revealed one or more of the financial emergency conditions set forth in s.218.503, F.S. in the most three recent fiscal years for which audits are available. (WACS has no auditor comments or corrections).