The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a resource for the school, its teachers, parents and principal. Its function is to develop and oversee the implementation of a School Guidance Plan that will serve as a framework for school improvement.
The primary function of the SAC is to provide all of the stakeholders an opportunity to be active participants in the assessment of needs, development of priorities, and identification and use of resources based on an analysis of available school data.
Specific functions include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Develop and review the implementation of the School Guidance Plan.
- Enlist, promote, and support greater interaction between school and community.
- Provide input in matters concerning disbursement of school improvement funds to ensure that such expenditures are consistent with the School Guidance Plan.
- Consult with all peripheral constituency groups when making decisions concerning educational practices within the school.
- Consult with people or departments needed to support the School Guidance Plan.