- About Us
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us
Arrival/Dismissal, Early Release, Late Pickup Procedures
Arrival/Dismissal/Early Release/Late Pickup Procedures
Western Academy Charter School offers before school care from 6:45 – 7:45. To ensure our students safety, all children arriving on campus prior to 7:30 a.m. must enroll in this program. The cost per hour is $2.50. Breakfast will be available from the School District of Palm Beach County at their rates and reduced for those students who qualify under the free or reduced meal status.
All other students should arrive at school between 7:45 and 8:00 A.M. (School doors will be locked until 7:30 every morning and there will be no one to supervise your child until that time). Students may enter their classrooms at 7:45 a.m.
Parents or guardians should go through the drop off line and let children out of their vehicles. Please let your children out of the car on the passenger side.
All students should be picked up at their designated area at 2:30 p.m. unless other arrangements have been made. The dismissal doors in the drive up area are locked at 2:45 p.m., therefore, any pick up after 2:45 will be through the front office only.
Your child’s homeroom will dismiss your child however, all siblings will dismiss from the youngest student’s homeroom class.
No child will be dismissed to anyone not listed on your alternative transportation form. Calling in an alternative driver is not acceptable. It must be submitted in writing. All alternative pick up persons must show picture ID at the school office prior to the student being released.
Any parent or guardian picking up a student prior to dismissal should send a note indicating the reason. Students will wait in the classroom until the parent or guardian arrives and signs the student out of school.
Please do not request that your child be dismissed early unless it is an unavoidable emergency. Each request for early dismissal disrupts your child’s education and the education of their classmates. Any early dismissal that cannot be avoided must be before 2:00p.m. We will not be dismissing between 2:00 and 2:30. Please be aware of this policy as we will refer you to your handbook if you arrive for early dismissal.
LATE PICKUP PROCEDURES
This policy is to prevent students from being left alone for long periods of time after school and/or unattended. Students must wait with a staff member and be supervised at all times. They are not permitted to wait alone in front of the school, unsupervised.
Notices are sent home via reminders for early release days. A calendar is sent home at the beginning of the year to make parents aware of the early release days.
1. Students are given a 10-minute grace period from 2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. to be picked up.
2. At 2:45 p.m., students will go to our after-care program.
3. Parents or guardians are called in an attempt to make travel arrangements for the student.
4. The charge is $5.00 every 15 minutes per each individual student with the first $5.00 being charged at 2:46 p.m. If, for example, there were three siblings left between 2:45 p.m. and 2:55 p.m., the cost would be $30.00.
5. For late pick-up only, parents are required to park in the parking lot and come into the school to sign out the student. This person must be on the approved list and show a photo ID.
6. A letter is given to the parent upon arrival, the student is signed out, and payment is made at that time. If payment isn’t available, the school will send a reminder of charges due, and the administration will be notified.
7. The schools aftercare program is only permitted to be open until 6:00 PM. After 6:01, the school will contact the local police to arrange for transportation of the student.
· Exceptions are made for parents calling in advance to let us know of an emergency and late fees will be charged accordingly.
· Every parent is given a verbal warning the first time.
· Every attempt will be made to contact someone on the registration form.
· Continuous offenders will be asked to speak with Administration to see if alternative arrangements, such as enrollment in the after-care program, can be made.
This policy will be strictly enforced. We do not have the staff to provide baby-sitting services. Please make arrangements accordingly.
Any students going to offsite daycare centers must be picked up on time or late fees will apply beginning at 2:45 p.m. Parents will be responsible to pay these late fees.