On April 23, 2003, Western Academy, Inc. officially began its operation as a not-for-profit corporation doing business as Western Academy Charter School. Western Academy was awarded a five year charter and opened its doors on September 2, 2003. Thus began an amazing journey into educating and building the minds, bodies and character of every child who steps through our doors.
In 2008, Western Academy was awarded a 15 year renewal contract through 2022.
We currently serve 385 students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Located in Royal Palm Beach, we serve students who reside in Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Western Lake Worth and Lantana. Western Academy was designed as an innovative alternative to traditional public school education.
The school’s mission is to equip all children with the skills necessary for success on both an educational and social level. We believe in addressing the whole child through a multi sensory approach to learning. We believe that both the family and the community are essential participants in the education of children, and that together we can help children become socially adept individuals with self confidence, self respect, compassion and respect for others and their community.
Advantages of our school include:
- "A" Rated School
- 5-Star School
- A not-for-profit charter school
- Project CHILD (K-5) National Demonstration Site
- 21st century learning program
- Personalized attention
- Safe, secure learning environment
- Common Core Standards
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards curriculum
- Hands-on-multi-sensory approach to learning
- Dedicated Certified Teachers
- Fine Arts Programs including Art, Music, PE and Computer Science
- Cutting-Edge Technology Classes
- Before and After School Care
- Extracurricular Sports and Clubs
- Small Campus with a Hometown Feel
- Free Public School
- NO TUITION